Friday, March 16, 2012
March 16, 2012
A legacy continues. Celebrating the life of a friend, Sam, who passed away recently has led me to finally put pen to paper, or should I say, fingers to the keyboard. What a way to start a blog right? But that’s the point. Sam’s footprint here on earth is anything but over; he’s left a legacy of living life that touched so many. One small print = the beginning of this blog.
You see Sam had no idea “what was just around the corner.” A week that started out with him not feeling well and a visit to the doctor for an answer led to a prognosis of leukemia and within a few days, a reunion with His Lord. I’m just one counted among many who have been shaken and stirred and shaken some more by his unexpected death to consider the fragility of life and the uncertainty of tomorrow.
There are a number of things I admired about Sam: how he embraced life, his perpetual joy in living, his love for people, his unstoppable energy, and his ability to make everyone in a room feel comfortable and valuable...but most important: Sam loved Jesus. Wholeheartedly. You could not be around Sam more than a few moments before you learned who his first love was. His celebration service on March 5th was a testimony to the uncountable lives he touched. Not just with his personality, but with his ardent pursuit of making Jesus known to those who were blessed to know him.
I’m not sure at all where this journey will go. But as I continue to contemplate the mystery of what’s just around the corner, I’ll be scribbling out my thoughts, my questions, my wrestling matches with the Lord, and of course my encounters with whatever is just around the corner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
March 16, 2012
A legacy continues. Celebrating the life of a friend, Sam, who passed away recently has led me to finally put pen to paper, or should I say, fingers to the keyboard. What a way to start a blog right? But that’s the point. Sam’s footprint here on earth is anything but over; he’s left a legacy of living life that touched so many. One small print = the beginning of this blog.
You see Sam had no idea “what was just around the corner.” A week that started out with him not feeling well and a visit to the doctor for an answer led to a prognosis of leukemia and within a few days, a reunion with His Lord. I’m just one counted among many who have been shaken and stirred and shaken some more by his unexpected death to consider the fragility of life and the uncertainty of tomorrow.
There are a number of things I admired about Sam: how he embraced life, his perpetual joy in living, his love for people, his unstoppable energy, and his ability to make everyone in a room feel comfortable and valuable...but most important: Sam loved Jesus. Wholeheartedly. You could not be around Sam more than a few moments before you learned who his first love was. His celebration service on March 5th was a testimony to the uncountable lives he touched. Not just with his personality, but with his ardent pursuit of making Jesus known to those who were blessed to know him.
I’m not sure at all where this journey will go. But as I continue to contemplate the mystery of what’s just around the corner, I’ll be scribbling out my thoughts, my questions, my wrestling matches with the Lord, and of course my encounters with whatever is just around the corner!

1 comments:
I love that you have a blog. What a blessing to see how this has started. Thanks for sharing your heart with us! Love you friend!
Post a Comment