Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28, 2012

CASTLE making me think????



On any given week, I have a number of shows that I DVR.  Many of them go unwatched and simply get deleted. Others get a cursory “play in the background ” as I clean, do some work for school…basically as I succeed at multi-tasking. But CASTLE, well CASTLE, gets my undivided attention each and every week.

I love the show.  I’ve watched it from day one.  I love Castle’s one-liners.  I love Beckett’s facial expressions that say more than her words at times.  I love watching the show move seamlessly between drama, suspense, and humor. 

And this week’s episode: Well let’s just say it was really speaking my language.  It seems as though the writers of CASTLE have been in my head.  Some of the very questions rolling through my mind and heart recently were put into words by Beckett and Castle:

Castle: Their future and all their plans…they were just gone in a flash.

Beckett: Makes you think about all those things in your own life that you don’t want to put off anymore.

Castle: All the opportunities they will never have…and I don’t want that to happen.

Guess I’m not the only one being contemplative about how I’m living today, not knowing what tomorrow will bring. Beckett and Castle may be fictional characters…but this week their words struck at the essence of why I started writing on this blog. So tonight I'm left with some questions to ponder:

What are the opportunities I don’t want or should not put off anymore?
Is there anything holding me back from taking those opportunities? Fear? Doubt? Apathy? Laziness? Even the simple thought..."there's always tomorrow"?
And then...what am I going to do with the answers to these questions? Will it change how I live tomorrow?

Thanks CASTLE for great entertainment and for making me think even more! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2012

CASTLE making me think????



On any given week, I have a number of shows that I DVR.  Many of them go unwatched and simply get deleted. Others get a cursory “play in the background ” as I clean, do some work for school…basically as I succeed at multi-tasking. But CASTLE, well CASTLE, gets my undivided attention each and every week.

I love the show.  I’ve watched it from day one.  I love Castle’s one-liners.  I love Beckett’s facial expressions that say more than her words at times.  I love watching the show move seamlessly between drama, suspense, and humor. 

And this week’s episode: Well let’s just say it was really speaking my language.  It seems as though the writers of CASTLE have been in my head.  Some of the very questions rolling through my mind and heart recently were put into words by Beckett and Castle:

Castle: Their future and all their plans…they were just gone in a flash.

Beckett: Makes you think about all those things in your own life that you don’t want to put off anymore.

Castle: All the opportunities they will never have…and I don’t want that to happen.

Guess I’m not the only one being contemplative about how I’m living today, not knowing what tomorrow will bring. Beckett and Castle may be fictional characters…but this week their words struck at the essence of why I started writing on this blog. So tonight I'm left with some questions to ponder:

What are the opportunities I don’t want or should not put off anymore?
Is there anything holding me back from taking those opportunities? Fear? Doubt? Apathy? Laziness? Even the simple thought..."there's always tomorrow"?
And then...what am I going to do with the answers to these questions? Will it change how I live tomorrow?

Thanks CASTLE for great entertainment and for making me think even more! 
 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates