Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20, 2012

Leaving it up to God


"I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking."     George MacDonald



I love this quote by George MacDonald. Pause for a moment.  Think about those words again…

To be THOUGHT about.

BORN in God’s thought.

And then MADE by God.

Absolutely “the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking.”


And to take it a step further….

I’d rather be living the life the Lord has scripted for me rather than what I think sounds the most exciting or what I’ve decided is best for me.  I tend to get a pretty tight grip around my own plans.  More often than not, unclenching my fist is the hardest part since I think I know best.  Yet, time after time, the Lord reveals His perfection in His planning.  You’d think I would have that lesson learned by now…but each go round seems like I’m questioning all over again whether or not He really knows best.

So here’s to another day and another chance to remind myself that I really DO prefer His way to mine. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

June 20, 2012

Leaving it up to God


"I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking."     George MacDonald



I love this quote by George MacDonald. Pause for a moment.  Think about those words again…

To be THOUGHT about.

BORN in God’s thought.

And then MADE by God.

Absolutely “the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking.”


And to take it a step further….

I’d rather be living the life the Lord has scripted for me rather than what I think sounds the most exciting or what I’ve decided is best for me.  I tend to get a pretty tight grip around my own plans.  More often than not, unclenching my fist is the hardest part since I think I know best.  Yet, time after time, the Lord reveals His perfection in His planning.  You’d think I would have that lesson learned by now…but each go round seems like I’m questioning all over again whether or not He really knows best.

So here’s to another day and another chance to remind myself that I really DO prefer His way to mine. 
 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates