Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24, 2012

All I Know

I’ve had a couple chances to experience life taking some unexpected turns. New cities, new jobs, new directions. And although I knew the Lord was clearly directing each path, it was still a challenge to face the unknown.  I can definitely look back on these “corners” I rounded thankful for the paths the Lord has led me down…but it definitely took some courage at times to follow.

During one of these first experiences, I discovered a song with lyrics that overwhelmingly assured me to keep stepping.  The song has been burned on to several cds and played over and over again since.  Recently, a friend was facing a similar experience...she knew she was walking obediently, following God, but the steps were hard to keep taking in an unknown direction.  I shared this song with her and she said it has become her “theme” song for the time being.

The song, “All I Know” by Ian White.

The powerful words:

Though I feel afraid of territory unknown
I know that I can say
That I do not stand alone
For Jesus, You have promised
Your presence in my heart
I cannot see the ending
But it's here that I must start

And all I know is You have called me,
And that I will follow is all I can say,
I will go where You will send me
And Your fire lights my way

What lies across the waves
May cause my heart to fear
Will I survive the day?
Must I leave what's known and dear?
A ship that's in the harbor
Is still and safe from harm
But it was not built to be there
It was made for wind and storm.

There’s so much I could elaborate upon….but for today, I rest in the word picture of the ship in the harbor…never meant to stay there forever, but purposed to sail even through wind and storm.

Even if that’s “All I know,” that most certainly is enough.

1 comments:

suan zhang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

June 24, 2012

All I Know

I’ve had a couple chances to experience life taking some unexpected turns. New cities, new jobs, new directions. And although I knew the Lord was clearly directing each path, it was still a challenge to face the unknown.  I can definitely look back on these “corners” I rounded thankful for the paths the Lord has led me down…but it definitely took some courage at times to follow.

During one of these first experiences, I discovered a song with lyrics that overwhelmingly assured me to keep stepping.  The song has been burned on to several cds and played over and over again since.  Recently, a friend was facing a similar experience...she knew she was walking obediently, following God, but the steps were hard to keep taking in an unknown direction.  I shared this song with her and she said it has become her “theme” song for the time being.

The song, “All I Know” by Ian White.

The powerful words:

Though I feel afraid of territory unknown
I know that I can say
That I do not stand alone
For Jesus, You have promised
Your presence in my heart
I cannot see the ending
But it's here that I must start

And all I know is You have called me,
And that I will follow is all I can say,
I will go where You will send me
And Your fire lights my way

What lies across the waves
May cause my heart to fear
Will I survive the day?
Must I leave what's known and dear?
A ship that's in the harbor
Is still and safe from harm
But it was not built to be there
It was made for wind and storm.

There’s so much I could elaborate upon….but for today, I rest in the word picture of the ship in the harbor…never meant to stay there forever, but purposed to sail even through wind and storm.

Even if that’s “All I know,” that most certainly is enough.
 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates