Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5, 2012


Thoughts from yesterday = Thoughts from today

One of my (too) many goals for the summer:  Purging closets.  I’ve just barely begun and already I’m realizing why it is going to take more of my summer than I intended…I keep pausing when I find new discoveries that have been buried for a year, or two, or longer.

One of the recent finds was a journal from high school.  It’s more of a writer’s notebook than a journal, one that I filled with some ramblings and a few attempts at poetry. 

Here’s one of them:

PREPARING
It is not just a matter of
stopping the mail,
packing the suitcases,
or saying a few goodbyes.
No, this journey is different.
It takes a different preparation.
It requires self-sacrifice,
time, commitment,
and most of all…love.
But it is well worth it in the end.
‘Cuz when you reach your destination
You’ll know the truth
And what God’s love is all about.

So my senior year of high school I was thinking of life with the Lord as a journey…the destination, heaven.  A few more chapters of the story have been written since then, but the essence of the words I wrote hasn’t changed.  If anything, I just believe them even more.

I’m blessed to be on this journey, whatever the next chapter may bring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

June 5, 2012


Thoughts from yesterday = Thoughts from today

One of my (too) many goals for the summer:  Purging closets.  I’ve just barely begun and already I’m realizing why it is going to take more of my summer than I intended…I keep pausing when I find new discoveries that have been buried for a year, or two, or longer.

One of the recent finds was a journal from high school.  It’s more of a writer’s notebook than a journal, one that I filled with some ramblings and a few attempts at poetry. 

Here’s one of them:

PREPARING
It is not just a matter of
stopping the mail,
packing the suitcases,
or saying a few goodbyes.
No, this journey is different.
It takes a different preparation.
It requires self-sacrifice,
time, commitment,
and most of all…love.
But it is well worth it in the end.
‘Cuz when you reach your destination
You’ll know the truth
And what God’s love is all about.

So my senior year of high school I was thinking of life with the Lord as a journey…the destination, heaven.  A few more chapters of the story have been written since then, but the essence of the words I wrote hasn’t changed.  If anything, I just believe them even more.

I’m blessed to be on this journey, whatever the next chapter may bring.
 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates